Gloucestershire Archives are delighted that the Heritage Lottery Fund has awarded £1.1 million towards its innovative partnership project "For the Record". The award will unlock an array of other contributions and so go most of the way to raising the total £2.8 million budgeted to:
- Create new spaces and better services for people using the Archives
- Help local people to gather, keep and share their personal and community archives
- Create additional specialist storage for collections
- Provide better access to documents that are ‘born digital’.
Gloucestershire Archives premises are in the centre of Gloucester. You can see more details of the planned improvements at "The Heritage Hub". When completed, the Hub will provide a common home for a range of local organisations and their records.
As well as Gloucestershire Archives itself, the organisations supporting the project include:
- Gloucestershire Family History Society
- Gloucestershire Constabulary
- The Diocese of Gloucester
- Gloucestershire Local History Association
You can keep up-to-date with improvements to Gloucestershire's service via the Gloucestershire Archives website.
FFHS Archives Liaison
3 January 2016